love

love

L+B At the Beach

L+B At the Beach
Simplicity and Happiness! Exactly where I would LOVE to be with HIM all the time!

Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Moroccan Ladies Night

At the beginning of March I had a Moroccan Themed Ladies Night at my house. It was a lot of fun and very inexpensive to put together. I found almost all decorations and fabric at the thrift store on 50% off days (of course). I used a gift card from Hobby Lobby to get the plates and napkins and I painted the stems gold on all my old wine glasses! I ended up finding a lot of things at home too, like candles and pillows. I asked a few of the ladies for pillows, borrowed the curtains from mom and wah lah…it was transformed into this!
click picture to enlarge








For food we had hummus, carrot slaw, tai peanut chicken skewers, olives, and couscous w/ lots of veggies. Ooh and we had oranges with honey and cinnamon which were delicious! My mom made cute little cookies too!
Deanna is a parent and friend from work and she has talked about doing henna on me for the last three years. She was telling me about a party she did and DING, she said party! That’s where it all started. She brought along Jennifer the dancer and they both did an amazing job! If you ever want to have a party, let me know I will send you their info!


Overall, it was an awesome ladies night in!







Looking forward to the next event. Any recommendations?

Because we have so much extra supplies (fabric, candles, etc.) we decided to add a little Moroccan flare to our bedroom. I will post pictures when it is complete!



1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful time...was a great girls night in. Thanks a TON!!!!for putting on this great evening. Loves Mom

    ReplyDelete